1 DAY ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL FOUNDATION COURSE
Monday 28th August
This 1 day course provides an introduction to Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and the business benefits.
This course is designed for delegates who will be involved in the implementation or improvement of an energy management systems (EMS) that needs to comply with ISO 14001.
This course will interest all those wanting to gain an insight into ISO 14001 and those intending to take other EMS courses with us.
The environmental management systems foundation course will provide you with an understanding of Environmental Management Systems and their needs and requirements in relation to an organisations process. The course will show you the importance of integrating your management systems and how this will help you save time and money and make your processes more efficient.
This one-day foundation course is delivered via a mixture of presentations & group exercises. The course will cover the following areas;
- The history and overview of the ISO 14001 standard
- The key clauses and requirements of ISO 14001
- The benefits of utilising a robust EMS
- Introducing an EMS to your business
- Planning effective environmental management system audits
- Benefits of integrating an EMS with other management systems within your business
- How to identify the importance of legal requirements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Environmental Management Systems Foundation course is ideal for those working within organisations that are looking to achieve or maintain a robust EMS. The course is aimed at those who yet don’t have the experience or knowledge of the different management systems that your organisations use but are looking for knowledge of what an EMS is and how its correct use can benefit an organisation company.
No pre-requisite qualifications or experience is required but an interest in the subject matter is essential to gain full benefit from this course.
On satisfactory completion of this course a certificate will be provided.
Successful delegates may progress to the Internal Auditor Training Course.
This can then be followed by..
2 DAY ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL INTERNAL AUDITOR COURSE
Tuesday 29th August
To enable those attending to plan, perform and report the results of internal Environmental audits with the aim of developing and improving the Environmental Management System (EMS) of an Organisation.
To help delegates understand the key attributes of an efficient and effective EMS and the role of the internal auditor in its continual improvement and development.
This two-day Internal Auditor Training course is delivered via a mixture of presentations & group exercises. The course will cover the following areas;
- Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology and other fundamental management principles
- Business process auditing
- Risk based thinking
- Required attributes of an Internal Auditor
- The structure and principles of the ISO Management System series standards
- ISO 14001 requirements
- Environmental Management System implementation issues
- Effective auditing techniques and good audit practice
To gain maximum benefit from this course attendees should be familiar with the content and structure of the standard. This may be evidenced through relevant experience or through having previously completed an Environmental Management Systems Foundation Course. On satisfactory completion of this course a certificate will be provided.
Please contact us for booking.